Although we don’t have snow but lots of sun, Christmas is nevertheless a time of enjoyment and celebration here in the Costa del Sol, Andalusia. A very common Christmas feature, Christmas Markets, are up and running helping the Christmas spirit move around.
These markets happen in different locations throughout the Costa del Sol, below we have name you a few:
- Malaga: at Paseo del Parque one can stroll through beautiful gardens and Christmas stalls selling artisan, books and other Christmas items.
- Marbella: at Puerto Deportivo, every Sunday in December from 12:00pm to 6:00pm visit the Christmas Marke for a very special chance to buy local handmade gifts for friends and family.
- Torremolinos: At the Town hall one can visit the impressive exhibition of the Bethlehem Nativity Scene or the Christmas tree in the Plaza Costa del Sol.
- La Cala de Mijas: at the Main Boulevard of La Cala, from the 30th of November till the 15th of December an International Christmas Fair is held. Beautiful wooden houses have been put up where you can buy crafts, food, hot wines and Christmas sweets. Apart from the market there will also be flamenco and modern dancing performances, some carol singing, activities for children, a parade and even Santa and the Three Wise Men will be there!
- Fuengirola: at Plaza de la Constitucion, from December 3 to 16
- Benalmádena: at Plaza de la Mezquita. On 7th of December from 11am to 8 pm. Stalls of different countries with typical Christmas products, entertainment and surprises.
Christmas in Andalusia is full of traditions, great food and “more the merrier” on the wine! Cities dressed up as glittering stars, it’s hard to miss fact that it’s party season. Loud and bright ambiance gives the whole essence of Christmas a purpose and sense of authenticity. Locals celebrate Christmas by bringing families, all big Spanish families, together to eat, drink and laugh laugh laugh.
Because of Spain’s Catholicism it is very typical see “Bethehem’s” (Nativity sets) set up in various venues throughout Spanish cities. These Nativity set show the route of the Three Kings to baby Jesus, in a grande exposé of figurines, some are even life like with real working fountains and all!
Get ready to rumble into Christmas spirit!
Welcome to Costa del Sol
We are not responsible for any time and date change or content of this event.